Want to BUY a home? Search all homes for sale.
Want to SELL your home? Get a FREE home value report.
Indy Housing Market Update
Welcome again to another issue of the Indy Housing Market Update... where I briefly summarize the current trends of our local housing market, and provide a link to the latest home sale statistics from our local board, the Mid-Indiana Board of Realtors (MIBOR).
Hot Topics for the Month of August
For the third month in a row, median sales price has hit a price record at $200,295 - a 10.1% increase from July 2018. Outside of price, all other changes are relatively small, however, after three months of decline... closed sales did increase 3.6% over last year to 3,582. This is a welcomed sign for both buyers and sellers alike.
Year-over-Year data for July:
- Median sales price increased 10.1% to $200,295
- Average days on market is unchanged at 36 days
- Current active listings decreased to 6,015
Summary of July, 2019 MIBOR Report
Here is a breakdown of the market data from MIBOR's 16-county service area for the month of July, 2019:
- Number of SOLDS: July, 2019 compared to last July: (+3.6%)
- Marion County (+1.5%)
- Hamilton County (-1.5%)
- Number of PENDINGS: July, 2019 compared to last July: (+11.9%)
- Marion County (+9.7%)
- Hamilton County (+10.2%)
- Number of NEW LISTINGS: June, 2019 compared to last June: (+0.0%)
- Marion County (-4.0%)
- Hamilton County (+12.0%)
- The MEDIAN SALES PRICE for July, 2019 compared to last July: (+10.1%)... to $200,295
- Marion County (+11.3%)... to $167,000
- Hamilton County (+8.6%)... to $310,000
- The PERCENT OF ASKED PRICE RECEIVED for July, 2019 compared to last July: (-0.1%)... to 98.1%
- Marion County (-0.5%)... to 97.8%
- Hamilton County (-0.2%)... to 98.4%
- Number of DAYS ON MARKET for July, 2019 compared to last July: (+0.0%)... to 36 days
- Marion County (+0.0%)... to 28 days
- Hamilton County (+12.5%)... to 45 days
- ACTIVE INVENTORY for July, 2019 compared to last July: (-2.1%)... to 6,015 homes
- Marion County (+0.1%)... to 2,081 homes
- Hamilton County (+1.4%)... to 1,316 homes
- The ABSORPTION RATE for July 2019 compared to last July: (-5.6%)... to 1.7 months
- Marion County (+0.0%)... to 1.6 months
- Hamilton County (+5.6%)... to 1.9 months
Read the July, 2019 MIBOR report
Thanks again for your support... and your referrals. Have a great month!
Hot House Realty
www.mainmasters.com (a unique website devoted to the search for 1-level homes in the greater Indpls. area)
Indianapolis Star 2012-2019 Five Star Real Estate Agent Award Winner